Is your smile missing some teeth? Need new teeth? We can use natural-looking dental implants to restore your teeth. At Balboa Island Dentistry, Newport Beach, California, we understand patients seek dependable teeth replacements with minimal disruptions to their everyday life. Dr. Stephen Alfano comprehends your needs and offers dental implants that replicate your natural teeth in appearance, performance, and sensation.
How we place dental implants
Placing dental implants isn’t a one-day procedure. It involves multiple stages — from implant placement to final restoration — which may span over several months. However, your patience will be rewarded by getting a tooth replacement closest to your lost natural tooth.
Here are the steps involved in dental implant treatment:
- Dental examination: We carry out a comprehensive dental exam to determine your eligibility for dental implants. Our objective is to establish you have a healthy bone and excellent dental health to support an implant. In addition, we use digital X-rays and CT scans to plan how and where to place your implant
- Dental implant surgery: Placing an implant in the wrong place may lead to implant failure. We take time to plan the most optimal position to place your implant — ideally, not too near adjacent teeth, not too deep, and not too shallow. Once we identify the ideal location, we numb your gums and surgically insert a titanium post in your bone
- Healing: Your implant needs four to six months to recover. During healing, your implant fuses with the jawbone through osseointegration to form a solid base for your new artificial restoration
- Restoration: We attach an abutment just above your implant. Then, we take your bite impressions to craft your tooth restoration. Dr. Alfano can either place a crown, bridge, or denture to replace the function and appearance of your tooth — depending on the number of teeth missing
After dental implantology, you can eat anything you want, smile ear to ear, and speak confidently without giving too much thought to your new teeth.
A million reasons to get dental implants
Unlike dentures and bridges that replace your tooth’s visible part (crown) only, dental implants restore your entire tooth, from the crown to the root.
Given their superior design, dental implants yield numerous benefits, including the following:
- Restore your ability to chew, smile, and talk with confidence
- Preserve your jawbone by stimulating your bone after tooth loss
- Prevent the nearby teeth from shifting into the edentulous space
- Low-maintenance appliances
- Designed to last many years. We’ve seen patients with dental implants for 40+ years
Start your journey towards a complete smile today
You can’t go wrong with dental implants. Please call (949) 673-7820 to book an appointment with Balboa Island Dentistry for low-cost dental implants.
Share this Article